Monday, January 14, 2013

Taco Salad Bake

Found this recipe on~line from Carroll and had to try it. I did a few modifications in the amounts, and omitted the green onions, because I didn't have any. It was a big hit! I snapped all of the photos quickly with my iphone, so they aren't the best quality!

 Taco Salad Bake


 1lb. ground beef 1 can spicy chili beans, undrained
 1 can corn, drained
 1 cup salsa
 1 pkg. Taco seasoning {I used McCormick’s}
  2 cups crushed tortilla chips {I used Santita’s}
 1/4 cup green onions chopped
 1 medium tomato, chopped
 2 cups shredded cheese
 1 large avocado, peeled and cubed
 Shredded lettuce

 Brown your ground beef, drain, and add in the corn, chili beans, corn, taco seasoning and salsa. While that heats to a boil, crush up your tortilla chips and place in the bottom of a deep casserole dish. Dice your tomatoes, avocado and chop your green onions. When your meat mixture is boiling, pour on top of the crushed chips, layer the tomato, onion and top with shredded cheese. (I used Mexican cheese with seasonings in it.) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. When it's done you can top with your shredded lettuce, avocado and any other toppings that you desire.



No comments:

Post a Comment