Monday, January 24, 2011

Fresh Tomato Sauce ~ In Under 15 Minutes

Trying to come up with some healthier meal options. I decided to whip up my own pasta sauce this evening, and was absolutely thrilled with the results! Even my eleven year old loved it! The best part . . . . I think it may have taken about 15 minutes from start to finish. You can't go wrong with that, either!

I started by sauteing about a couple of teaspoons of garlic in olive oil. Then I cubed some small roma tomatoes, and tossed them in with some sweet yellow peppers, (diced) and some vidalia onions. Saute for five or ten minutes, then add some fresh basil. Salt and pepper to your liking. I served over some multi-grain pasta. One the side, I served a salad of spring mix, feta and vidalias, with my favorite Greek dressing. I don't eat a lot of oils, etc, so I love to use a bit of Greek dressing with real olive oil.
Was my favorite new meal ~ I think I could eat it every day!








2 comments:

  1. Looks good, we may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so so so yummy! Can't believe that even Annika loved it. And so easy.

    ReplyDelete